My unofficial sermon title this Sunday is:
‘Reclaiming the doctrine of Good Works’
How do you feel about that?
Are you worried?
It’s funny how we tend to be afraid of certain doctrines because of other doctrines. Do you know what I mean?
You see, why do we feel uneasy with a sermon on Good works? Why do you think?
It is because we are scared of two errors:
-Salvation by works
-Works for human praise
However, good works still have a place in the Christian life – a very important place.
- What did Jesus teach us about ‘good works’ in the Sermon on the Mount?
- What did James teach us about ‘good works’?
- What did Paul teach us about ‘good works’ in Ephesians 2?
- Look up ‘good works’ at the end of Titus 2…who wants us to do them?
- Read Titus 3….where should we do our good works?