Questioning Evangelism: Engaging people’s hearts the way Jesus did by Randy Newman is a book on evangelism using questioning/ dialogue (not questioning the validity of evangelism!). I found this a very easy book to read that has lots of practical suggestions and thoughts on how to share the gospel with someone. Newman shows us in part 1 why we should use questions, in part 2 he demonstrates how to answer 7 difficult questions in this manner, and in part 3 he deals with our apathy.
The questions that Newman deals with are:
- Why are Christians so intolerant?
- Why does a good God allow evil and suffering such as Columbine and AIDS?
- Why should anyone worship a God who allowed 9/11?
- Why should we believe an ancient book written by dead Jewish males?
- Why are Christians so homophobic?
- What’s so good about marriage?
- If Jesus is so great, why are some of his followers such jerks?