This week we come to the end of 1 Corinthians 15 and have a look at what our bodies will be like in heaven. Will we float around, playing a harp on a cloud? Will we have superhuman powers and be able to walk through walls?
Why not spend 20 minutes reading through the following passages to get thinking:
Read 1 Corinthians 15:35-54
- What words does Paul use to describe our heavenly bodies?
- Who does he say we will be more like in v49
- What can’t inherit the Kingdom of God in v50?
Read Luke 24:13-49
- Did they recognise Jesus? Why, why not?
- How did Jesus describe his body in v39?
What do you think it means that Paul says ‘flesh and blood will not inhereit the kingdom of God’, yet Jesus is clear about His resurection body – it is ‘flesh and blood’?
Come on Sunday to find out the answer…