Hill City Church is pastored by a great guy called Dai Hankey. Dai has planted this church on the Trevethin estate in the Welsh Valleys.
They have just got hold of a building in the centre of their estate, which is brilliant. I thought I’d share his blog post with you…please praise God for this church and pray for them:
“This week was a MASSIVE week for Hill City – we were given the keys to a building that is situated at the heart of the estate! Known locally as the old rent office, the building has been disused since September, so when we made enquiries about the possibility of renting it from the local authority they were very keen. The vision for The Hub is for it to operate as both a church office and also a community lounge from which we will be able to both serve and bless the community of Trevethin. We already have a couple of outreach initiatives lined-up, including a coffee and cake pit-stop for mums and dads on the school run in the mornings, amongst other ideas that are brewing.
Anyway, you’re probably wondering what the building is like on the inside. So, here’s a little video that was shot just a few days before the conversion work started:
Astonishingly, the re-fit has already started and I’ll be posting various updates here at the Rant over the coming weeks. In the meantime, if you’re a prayerful type, please pray:
- To thank God for the provision of this facility.
- For the re-fit to go smoothly.
- For furniture to kit out the lounge area (we’re waiting to hear back from Costa Coffee about getting some of their old gear).
- For the saints of Hill City to rise up and form an awesome Hub team.
- For God to be preparing the hearts of people from Trevethin to come to The Hub and encounter the gospel in action.
Thanks guys. See you at The Hub for a coffee soon…”
Follow Dai and their progress on his great blog Sanctified Rant.