In 2010 I want to use this blog to help you as a church prepare for Sundays. Therefore I will post here the text and title of the sermon, and then some questions or resources to help you start engaging with the text.
On Sunday 3rd we will begin a new series in the book of Esther called ‘God is nowhere? God is now here!‘ We will only spend 4 weeks going through the book, but we will dive into deep waters.
Our first sermon is called ‘learning to live in the grey‘ and will cover Esther chapters 1 to 3.
I would encourage you to read the entire book before Sunday.
When you read chapters 1 to 3 ask the following questions:
- Who is in control in chapter 1?
- What kind of man is King Xerxes?
- What is your initial reaction to Esther and Mordecai in chapter 2?
- Why do you think they did what they did?
- Who seems to be in control in chapter 3?
- Does Esthers world reflect yours in any way?