On Sunday we finished off Colossians by looking at the way Paul encouraged other Christians. We saw 5 things:
-He encouraged with news
-He encouraged with others
-He encouraged with prayer
-He encouraged with challenge
-He encouraged with reality
The Bible is clear…. we must encourage one another (Hebrews 3:13), and the Bible is full of examples of how to do that.
So, who are you going to encourage and how? Is there someone who needs to know that you care, that you are praying for them? Or does someone need you to spur them on in their faith? Go on, be a Barnabas.
Here are a few things you could do right now:
- Facebook a friend and ask how they are doing
- Text someone you’ve been praying for and tell them
- Phone someone who helped you come to faith and thank them
- Buy a book for someone you led to Christ and put a message in it
- Sit a backsliding Christian down for coffee and urge then to come back to the cross
What is it that God is leading you to do?
Do you today.
Be an encouragement.